The “Prairie Dog” line of boring equipment was founded in 1968. Since then we have developed a full line of Prairie Dog horizontal earth boring machines, ranging from a versatile 22 pound hand-held machine for 2” to 4” holes, up to a heavy-duty 395 pound machine for 3” to 28” holes over 200 feet in length.
Meet Bill Anderson of Prairie Dog Boring Equipment
Company overview and policies
Prairie Dog Boring Machines are offer the best value in utility boring. In addition to their simplicity of design and operation, all our machines are built with low cost of ownership and ease of maintenance in mind. They are dependable and rugged but when breakdowns do occur all parts are readily available from our warehouse in Houston, TX but many parts like chains, sprockets and bearings can easily be sourced locally. Your mechanic or maintenance technician will love how easy they are to work on and maintain. The 140EW handheld is powered by a quality Echo engine. All other models feature dependable Honda engines. American made transmissions on the 700TWA, 900, 1200 and 1800 models are rugged and dependable. We have 20 year old machines in the field still being used regularly.
Missiles and moles can’t compete with our accuracy, dependability or versatilty. One machine can bore multiple size holes. A missile just isn’t designed to do that. Plus there’s no need for an expensive air compressor with a Prairie Dog. All you need is a water source with municipal type pressure.
Many accessories are available. Since we build the machines we are able to build to custom specs. If you don’t see what you need on these pages or would like to know more about what we can do for you please give us a call. We’re here 8-5 CT, M-F. No phone trees or voice mail here. A friendly voice will answer the phone and will be ready to help. 281-448-8442. We look forward to hearing from you.
Prairie Dog horizontal earth boring machines are now in use all over the USA, Canada, Mexico and many other countries. The machines are used by water and sewer utilities and plumbing, electrical, telephone, cable, landscaping and irrigation contractor, plus many others. Our quick accuracy on short bores make us an ideal choice for force main or low pressure sewer system installations. Our rugged durability is evidenced by the number of 20+ year old machines still in use. If you are using other means of boring like piercing tools we have a better solution. Our machines are more accurate and work in a wider range of soil conditions and require much less maintenance. All this at a comparable price.
For more information about the company overview and policies please visit our FAQs section of our How it works page
- The customer is liable for all shipping costs when returning or exchanging an item to Prairie Dog Boring Equipment unless the product has been damaged during shipping. This policy also applies to warranty returns.
- As stated in the Return Policy, when returning an item for credit, a 25% restocking fee will be charged to your account. This policy also applies to shipments that are refused and returned only after the item has been shipped. If the item has not been shipped or a shipping ticket printed than we will cancel the order and return 100% of your money.
- All cancellations after shipment are subject to a 25% (of total invoiced order) cancellation fee. Return shipping of the product is not refundable.
- Any shipment received in conditions other than brand new will be charged 50% restocking fee of the total amount.
- It’s the customer’s responsibility to report any damages/shortages within 48 hours of receiving the product. No claims will be accepted after 48 hours.
- No returns will be accepted without authorization from Prairie Dog Boring Equipment, Inc. Once Authorization is approved, the customer will be issued a Return Merchandise Authorization number or RMA number.
- The Return Merchandise Authorization or RMA is valid for 30 days ONLY. After the 30 day time limit, the RMA remains invalid.
- There are absolutely no returns on used or damaged products other than freight related damages.
- The purchase price at time of sale is final.
- ALL returns are subject to approval by Prairie Dog Boring Equipment, Inc.
To the original purchaser for 1 year from purchase date we will repair or replace at our option and free of charge any parts found to be defective under normal use and service, as outlined in the operators manual, resulting from defects in material and/or workmanship after an examination at our factory in Houston, Texas.
All transportation charges, damages, and loss incurred in connection with the transportation of all parts for inspection, replacement, or repair under this warranty shall be borne by the purchaser.
The express warranty contained herein shall not be applied to any boring machine attachment or part which has been altered in any way, nor shall such express warranty apply to any damages resulting from accident, misuse, or abuse, nor shall such express warranty apply to any damages resulting from failure to follow the Prairie Dog Boring Equipment, Inc. instruction for operation and maintenance of boring machine attachments and parts. Also, the express warranty contained herein shall not apply to engines, clutches, gearboxes, etc., which are not of our manufacture as they are covered by the design and specification changes on future machines without notice and without obligation on our part to present owners.
The foregoing express warranty is in lieu of all other express warranties. Prairie Dog Boring Equipment, Inc. neither assumes nor authorizes any other person, natural or corporate, to assume for it any other obligation or liability in connection with or with respect to any boring machine attachments or parts.
Prairie Dog Boring Equipment ,Inc. hereby disclaims any and all implied warranties, including, but not limited to warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose, if and to the extent, but only if and to the extent, that such disclaimer is not forbidden by any applicable law and any implied warranties, including, but not limited to which Prairie Dog Boring Equipment ,Inc. is so forbidden to disclaim by any applicable law, are limited to the periods of the express warranty as defined in the first paragraph of this warranty. Prairie Dog Boring Equipment, Inc. shall in no event be liable for any consequential, incidental or special damages, and/or expenses.
If warranty service is needed, contact your nearest authorized dealer or Prairie Dog Boring Equipment, Inc. For prompt attention our service department will need to know the trouble experienced and the total number of hours the boring machine has been operated. If you differ with the decision of our service department on warranty claim, ask your service department to submit all supporting facts for our review. If Prairie Dog Boring Equipment, Inc. decides that your claim is justified, you will be fully reimbursed for those items accepted as defective.
To avoid misunderstandings which might occur between boring machine owners and Prairie Dog Boring Equipment, Inc., we are listing causes of boring machine failures, where repair or replacement is NOT covered by Prairie Dog Boring Equipment, Inc. warranty.
ABUSE OR NEGLECT
1. Parts which are scored or broken because the machine was operated without sufficient lubricating oil or the power grade of oil are not covered by warranty. Check oil level at least every five hours, and refill when necessary. Change oil as recommended.
2. Damage or wear caused by dirt which enters the machine because of improper maintenance is not covered by warranty. Clean and re-oil regularly.
3. Warranty does not cover the adjustment of the machine unless the need for such repair is the result of defects in material or workmanship or both. Minor adjustment are NOT covered by warranty.
4. Broken parts which result from improper operation, over speeding, lugging or abuse in operation are not covered by warranty.
5. Repair or adjustment of associated parts which are not of Prairie Dog Boring Equipment, Inc. manufacture will not be covered by Prairie Dog Boring Equipment, Inc. warranty.
6. Only ORIGINAL PRAIRIE DOG BORING EQUIPMENT, INC. PART OR PARTS APPROVED PRAIRIE DOG BORING EQUIPMENT, INC. may be covered by warranty.
7. About improvements: Prairie Dog Boring Equipment, Inc. is continually striving to improve its products, therefore, we reserve the right to make improvements or changes when it becomes practical to do so, without incurring any obligations to make changes or additions to the equipment sold previously.
WARRANTY IS AVAILABLE ONLY THROUGH SERVICE CENTERS OR SERVICE DEPARTMENTS WHICH HAVE BEEN APPROVED AND AUTHORIZED BY PRAIRIE DOG BORING EQUIPMENT, INC.