The “Prairie Dog” line of boring equipment was founded in 1968. Since then we have developed a full line of Prairie Dog horizontal earth boring machines, ranging from a versatile 22 pound hand-held machine for 2” to 4” holes, up to a heavy-duty 395 pound machine for 3” to 28” holes over 200 feet in length.
Meet Bill Anderson of Prairie Dog Boring Equipment
Company overview and policies
Prairie Dog Boring Machines are offer the best value in utility boring. In addition to their simplicity of design and operation, all our machines are built with low cost of ownership and ease of maintenance in mind. They are dependable and rugged but when breakdowns do occur all parts are readily available from our warehouse in Houston, TX but many parts like chains, sprockets and bearings can easily be sourced locally. Your mechanic or maintenance technician will love how easy they are to work on and maintain. The 140EW handheld is powered by a quality Echo engine. All other models feature dependable Honda engines. American made transmissions on the 700TWA, 900, 1200 and 1800 models are rugged and dependable. We have 20 year old machines in the field still being used regularly.
Missiles and moles can’t compete with our accuracy, dependability or versatilty. One machine can bore multiple size holes. A missile just isn’t designed to do that. Plus there’s no need for an expensive air compressor with a Prairie Dog. All you need is a water source with municipal type pressure.
Many accessories are available. Since we build the machines we are able to build to custom specs. If you don’t see what you need on these pages or would like to know more about what we can do for you please give us a call. We’re here 8-5 CT, M-F. No phone trees or voice mail here. A friendly voice will answer the phone and will be ready to help. 281-448-8442. We look forward to hearing from you.
Prairie Dog horizontal earth boring machines are now in use all over the USA, Canada, Mexico and many other countries. The machines are used by water and sewer utilities and plumbing, electrical, telephone, cable, landscaping and irrigation contractor, plus many others. Our quick accuracy on short bores make us an ideal choice for force main or low pressure sewer system installations. Our rugged durability is evidenced by the number of 20+ year old machines still in use. If you are using other means of boring like piercing tools we have a better solution. Our machines are more accurate and work in a wider range of soil conditions and require much less maintenance. All this at a comparable price.
For more information about the company overview and policies please visit our FAQs section of our How it works page
- The customer is liable for all shipping costs when returning or exchanging an item to Prairie Dog Boring Equipment unless the product has been damaged during shipping. This policy also applies to warranty returns.
- As stated in the Return Policy, when returning an item for credit, a 25% restocking fee will be charged to your account. This policy also applies to shipments that are refused and returned only after the item has been shipped. If the item has not been shipped or a shipping ticket printed than we will cancel the order and return 100% of your money.
- All cancellations after shipment are subject to a 25% (of total invoiced order) cancellation fee. Return shipping of the product is not refundable.
- Any shipment received in conditions other than brand new will be charged 50% restocking fee of the total amount.
- It’s the customer’s responsibility to report any damages/shortages within 48 hours of receiving the product. No claims will be accepted after 48 hours.
- No returns will be accepted without authorization from Prairie Dog Boring Equipment, Inc. Once Authorization is approved, the customer will be issued a Return Merchandise Authorization number or RMA number.
- The Return Merchandise Authorization or RMA is valid for 30 days ONLY. After the 30 day time limit, the RMA remains invalid.
- There are absolutely no returns on used or damaged products other than freight related damages.
- The purchase price at time of sale is final.
- ALL returns are subject to approval by Prairie Dog Boring Equipment, Inc.